- Out of the box workflows
- SharePoint Designer workflows
- Custom workflows using Visual Studio and Workflow Foundation (WF)
By default SharePoint Designer workflows are enabled on a site in SharePoint 2007 (MOSS) but if you want to change the default settings (or if they are disabled) follow these steps
- Open Central Administration.
- Click Application Management tab.
- Under Workflow Management Section, click Workflow settings.
- Make sure you have selected the web application on which you want to perform the operation
- Click Yes or No for "Enable user-defined workflows for this site?" depending on your requirement.
Note: Users with Web Designer permissions can create and deploy workflows by using the Workflow Designer wizard in Office SharePoint Designer 2007.